Sunday, February 15, 2009

Making Things for My Family and Myself

I have been making so many things to sell, that I haven't worked much on anything for myself or for my family. This week I got back to some of those things.

My youngest daughter left for a trip to Senegal this week - yes, the one who had her appen
dix out! At her request, I made her this water bottle carrier. It is made from Whole Foods bags crocheted while holding a strand of cotton yarn alongside. The plarn is waterproof and provides cushioning, and the cotton is absorbent in case the water bottle sweats or spills.
Today I took out some of the needlepoint projects I had sitting on a shelf. There were a few that look like they are completed, I'm not sure why they were still in bags with their threads. I made this one a while ago. I used a handpainted canvas, and added some personalization to the bottom edge. Ghe music staff ix a signature, the notes on it are ABD.
Another one I completed is pictured below. I remember that when I finished it I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. I was thinking of maybe incorporating it into a tote bag.
Here is one that I started and didn't complete:
This is the one I chose to work on today. I love how soothing needlepoint can be. I started this one over 5 years ago!:


2 comments:

Yankeegirl said...

I love the colors you use!! Beautiful work Alysa!

Lona said...

Starry Night! Very cool...