Sunday, August 3, 2008

Eighteenth Birthday Presents from Etsy

Today's Tip: An average sized scarf equals the height of the person wearing it. Why does this work? Generally people want a scarf that falls about halfway on their body. To get it to fall halfway, the scarf is the same as the height. So, a long scarf would be more than the height, and a short scarf would be less. If you look at the last tip, you'll see that you can get a quick measurement by holding the scarf between your outstretched arms.

Yesterday, August 2, was my daughter's 18th birthday. In addition to her main gift (her own guitar for Guitar Hero, and new programs), I bought her some wonderful gifts from Etsy. I thought about what she can do now that she is 18. She will be able to vote for the first time this year, so I purchased some fun things about voting. I got these two buttons from rvw2005This journal from ivylanedesigns



and this t-shirt from coolchirts


The other thing she can do is buy cigarettes. Although she has no interest in smoking, I thought these charms would be a fun gift. This one came from heartbreakjewelry

1 comment:

joon said...

How fun! I love your creativity! I bet she had the best 18th birthday she could ever hope for.