Sunday, July 20, 2008

30 years ago - Etsy Treasury

Yea! I did it! After a lot of failed tries, I was able to load a page from Etsy!

This is an Etsy Treasury I created this week. July 16 was out 30th anniversary, and this treasury is to commemorate it.

So, what do these images mean? Well, my dh is Gary, and his hobby is marine biology. He had fish in his dorm room when we met. I'm Alysa, and this was the only image that had my name in it, spelled correctly. Actually I was surprised to find it at all. The wedding topper is obvious. We met in Boston, Gary went to MIT and I went to BU, thus the various images of Boston. One of our early dates was to a Boston Concert. The year was 1978. On our honeymoon, we took a bunch of pictures of baby ducks, which seemed pretty funny when we looked at them later. Gary was from Long Island, my parents lived in New Jersey and that's where we got married. Our song at our wedding was "I Love You Just The Way You Are" by Billy Joel. And finally, St. John in the US Virgin Islands is our favorite vacation place (oh, and the photograph was taken by our daughter)

Today's Tip: When you need to sew pieces of crocheted or knitted work together, use round toothpicks instead of pins. They hold it together nicely and don't get lost in the fabric.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet post Alysa ! Nice to know what all the pics meant. I think the info about knitting is great !