Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Projects In The Works


Today's Tip: At the risk of sounding like a parent, today's tip is to wash your hands. This should be the first step, before you start working on any project involving fibers and/or textiles. Even if your hands look clean, there are oils on your skin that can transfer to your creations.

I'm still in the middle of several projects, but I'm working on finishing a few.



This is a scarf that I've been working on for a while. It takes more focus than some of my projects so I leave at home to work on. It's a little hard to see, but it's a knit 3, purl 3 pattern in which the stitches move 1 place each row. I have to check it on each row; on one side the stripe is moving to the right, but when I turn it to work the next row the stripe is going towards the left. It makes an interesting texture that looks good with this solid color yarn. Once I get the row started, it's an easy pattern to follow.























These cute little piggies are being connected to make a child's scarf. I have the crocheting done, and just need to finish the embroidered features. I'm also thinking of making one into a kippah - then it'll be a kosher pig!















I call these "
Tiny Treasure Pouches". I've been making them to send to another Etsy crafter who asked for cards and promos to put in gift bags at a show. I'm going to put a wrapped candy in each one. I'm thinking of putting some in my store - they would makee good stocking stuffers, small gifts, or promos. They can hold a lucky penny or a special stone or charm. A tooth would fit in it for those expecting the tooth fairy to come. And, I'm getting to use up the little leftover balls of yarn I have collected!

A thunder storm just swept through here. Inanna is afraid of thunder, and was hiding in a box. I know she's happy that it's over.

3 comments:

Zuda Gay Pease said...

Oh that purple is gorgeous!!! hehe...kosher piggys! They are very cute!

The Filigree Garden said...

The pig scarf is very cute! Animal scarves are sure to be a hit with kids.

Alison Kelley said...

I love your little piggies! what cuties!